Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Quick Recap.

Soooo I’ve been a major slacker on the blogging lately. I’m starting to be as horrible at blogging as I am at journal writing, and I’m so disappointed in myself. It’s a good thing I like picture taking, otherwise there would be nothing left of me after I die. If only I could have the journal writing skills of my mother, and the blogging skills of my sister—I could be the ultimate historian. But since I have neither, I’ll just have to make do with the little skill that I have and try to get caught up. So, in the last three weeks I have...

Gone paddle-boating in Regent’s Park. We woke up to sun that morning and were thrilled to finally have nice enough weather to play in the park. Sadly, it started to rain by midday, as it usually does here in London…but we went and loved it anyway.



Witnessed a Shakespearean play as a groundling at the Globe. We saw Merry Wives of Windsor, and it’s officially my new favorite comedy of his.



Traveled to Stratford-Upon-Avon to see 5 different houses that all had to do with Shakespeare’s life. Personally, I probably could’ve been satisfied after just two, but why not see his wife’s house, his mother’s house, and his daughter’s house while you’re in the area?


Seen Kew Gardens. They’re huge and amazing, with different green houses for plants from all over the world, and a bridge built up above the trees that sways in the wind. Sadly it was pouring the entire time, so we didn’t last long, but hopefully I can eventually make it back there on a sunny day.


Toured Glastonbury…the remains of a Cathedral where King Arthur and his wife were believed to be buried.



 Hiked to the top of this mountain to see that ruin



Walked through that gardens of Stourhead—where the proposal scene in Pride and Prejudice was filmed. Also the most beautiful place in the entire world—I’ve could’ve spent all day there, but we left after about an hour in order to get to…




Bath. The city of the Roman baths, Assembly Halls, and really great shopping. Sadly, no shopping actually occurred due to time restraints, but the window displays were fabulous.



And then we took off on the coach for the extremely long ride to the North…which deserves an entire blog entry completely to itself. So, to be continued.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Lake Windermere. Love it. I can't wait for that post. It looks like the normal London Fall has begun, dreary rain and all! I'm glad you're having so much fun Livi! I'm way jealous yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only blog because I have extra time, and before that I was getting lots of comments that I never did it enough. And when I went to Spain, my journal was probably more dismal than yours and there weren't even blogs to speak of (back when I was your age... cue old Granny voice!). So don't worry! It looks like you're having a lot of fun, though! Maybe when you get back you can make one of those photo books that you can type up captions for. Have you ever heard of LDSJournal.com? It's basically just a free place to write a journal and once I got over the guilt of my journal not being hand-written it was a life saver. Anyway, love you and so glad you're having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete