Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mind the Gap

So the first couple of days here have been very successful. Yesterday, we were sent out by our professors to go explore the city and learn how to get around on the tube. First, we made our way to Buckingham Palace, which is huge and beautiful. Sadly, we didn't get to see the changing of the guard, but we're planning on going back Saturday for that.

After that we stopped at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Harrod's, Trafalgar Square, and finally the National Gallery, where I got my fill of Van Gogh's and Degas' before heading home.



Today we started classes! I'm excited about them so far but a little overwhelmed. It's been over four months since I've been in school, and I really started to feel the impact after about three hours of sitting in the same desk. But hopefully it won't take too long for me to get back into the swing of things and the workload won't seem so intense. After classes we made a grocery run, and then decided to set out and find Primark...which is officially the greatest place ever. I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything, but I caved (surprise, surprise) and ended up getting a really adorable skirt that I'm very happy about.


Tonight we had our stake president and the bishop over one of our wards come and talk to us about serving in the church here. Even just talking about the church made me feel so much more at home, and it made me so excited to get to my ward on Sunday and receive my calling.

I'm still loving it here, and I'm excited to really get into the schedule and get a regular routine down. London is beautiful! I'm so blessed to be here.

4 comments:

  1. livi! i love that you're in london! how amazing! what program are you there with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Pictures! We love seeing them and keep posting lots. It will get easier, I promise. Church is always nice, especially if there are missionaries there (especially sisters) from the states. We love you and are praying for you. I'll be sending you an email soon. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Olivia,
    If you don't like homework, come on over to the wonderful Salt Lake Community College and get yer edumacation, they treat youz right down here! Just did my homework in a half hour, HA! Learnin' and stuff!

    Love,
    Your bum brother.

    ReplyDelete